Saturday, October 20, 2012

I think I picked the right name for my blog!

So I'm sitting here thinking about all that has gone on the past 9 weeks of school....I survived a class party, a class field trip and a class full of 6 year olds in general....all in all it has been awesome!

Although I have a few of these....



I can relate. I talk too much too....hence the name and the ridiculously long posts. What can I say? I'm a talkative teacherista!

Anywho...one of my struggles this year has been working with an incredibly gifted student who is just plain lazy and his father wants to blame me because he is not getting an S+ on everything. I don't give students grades...they earn them. Anyway, I finally figured out what works for this kid. I paired him with a struggling student who is also lazy. My lazy "prodigy" recognizes that my struggler is lazy and he constantly works to keep him motivated. They have been working well together and I think I have a match made in heaven! They are both finally doing their work. Thank you Jesus. Well yesterday during math, I called my lil struggler to the board to complete a problem. My lil "prodigy" (note: I keep putting prodigy in quotes because although he is definitely intelligent he does not belong in college which is where I'm pretty sure his dad thinks he is going to be next year.) pipes up and says "I'll give you a hint. The answer is six." I died. Seriously....I think we need to have a talk about what constitutes a hint.

These kids never cease to make me smile.

So as I was looking through my blog posts I realized that I definitely picked the right name! Crazy. I'll try to keep these posts a little more bearable and less like novels!

4 comments:

  1. I love that e-card...it is so true!

    The name of your blog is great too!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I am so excited to have another follower! I feel like such a bad blogger because it has been neglected lately!

      I LOVE your blog and I am happy to be your newest follower as well!

      Delete
  2. Ingrid! I nominated you for the Liebster award girlfriend! Go check out the post on my blog =)

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni you are too kind! I need to do my part and nominate some newbie bloggers as well! I am working on getting my blog post together!

      We miss you too! We need to get together sometime soon!

      Delete