Sunday, November 25, 2012

So much to be thankful for!

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! Sooooo much has happened in my life lately and I know that I have been a neglectful blogger and I apologize! I have so much to be thankful for. Our family is incredibly blessed. We must always remember to be thankful for what we have even during time of heartache. Recently we found out that my grandfather was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma. He was given 6-9 months to live. That was a devastating blow to my family. My grandfather is our pastor, he has baptized and dedicated every child born in this family. He married most of us, myself and my husband included. I've always imagined him baptizing and dedicating our children, but it doesn't look like that will happen for us since we aren't pregnant and are somewhat struggling to get pregnant. No worries about us and babies though...it will all happen in God's time!

Gosh, this sounds really depressing doesn't it? Well, I have so much to be thankful for. My grandfather is 89 years old and he has lived an amazing life. His spirits are high and we all feel blessed to have an opportunity for him to get his affairs in order, rather than having him snatched from us unexpectedly. So I am thankful for the blessing of knowing...and for the opportunity to cherish the little time we have left rather than taking it for granted. See with Paw Paw it has been easy to take for granted because his hobby his entire life has been God and work. He is either preaching or working...sometimes at the same time!

I am thankful for my family. My husband and my parents are phenomenal. I could not ask for better. I have an amazing home that we bought this year and I am thankful that God has provided for us to be able to purchase the home of our dreams. I am blessed with a job that I love, a team that I love, and students that I love. I have fabulous friends that I can call at the drop of a hat for any reason...even at 3am. I am thankful for them! I have two pups Prince & Delilah, who love me no matter what! I am thankful for my few but faithful followers to my neglected baby blog! You are greatly appreciated!

Best parents ever!

I love him so much!

Our furbabies! Prince & Delilah!
 
That is all for now. :I will post pics of my classroom soon along with pictures of some of the great things we are doing in class!
 
Be thankful in all things!
 
Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment